People search for how to allow only selected device to access their wifi network. We have also received lots of messages from our viewers to publish an article on how to secure their wifi network from unwanted access. So today we are sharing the best working trick to allow selected device to connect your wifi network.
Nowadays, it is quite difficult to keep one’s wifi network secured. Six out of ten individuals would be having their own and personal wifi network at home or at office and other places. It has become easy for any computer experts as well as hackers to gain access to your wifi network by cracking the key or using any other means. In this article we can check out the cool way to secure the wifi network from others and allow selected ones.
How To Allow Selected Device To Connect Your Wifi Network
The below is the complete method which can be used for securing your wifi connection. With this method, it will be easy for you to allow personal devices to connect to the given wifi network and prevent other devices to get connected to the Wifi network even though it has been accessed using the correct password. All you have to do is follow the given steps and proceed.
10 Steps To Allow Only Selected Devices To Connect Your Wifi Network
- First you are required to connect your computer to your wifi network
- Enter the router’s IP address on your web browser that is something like http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1. If you do not know, then you can get it from CMD by typing ipconfig
- Now enter the username and password of your wifi router
- Go to Advanced Setting -> Wireless Settings
- Click on Setup Access List to open the Wireless Card Access List
- Click on Add button by which you can add the device to connect with your wifi
- You need to enter the MAC address with the name of the device which you want to be allowed on your network
- You can find the MAC address of your device from your phone setting option. On PC, open CMD and enter ipconfig/all and not down the physical address
- Check on Turn Access Control On
- You are done. Now only the selected device will access or connect to your wifi network
Therefore, the above steps clearly explain on how to allow only selected devices to connect to a given Wifi. With this procedure, one can secure the Wifi network from other individuals. Plus one can save a lot of bandwidth and even prevent other individuals from accessing the Wifi network. So, go ahead and implement this MAC Filter process and share this post with your friends and acquaintances.